Engineering manager with 3 years of experience skilled in UI/UX design and development. Worked 15+ years in international cross-functional teams for educational, e-commerce, publishing and other fields as frontend developer and designer, mentor, product manager and delivery manager.
- Team leadership
- Frontend development
UI/UX design and development
- Slack; Jira, Trello, Leankit, Basecamp; Confluence, Notion; Miro.
- Inclusion, diversity, non-violent communication, servant leadership.
- Figma, Zeplin, Sketch; accessibility; responsive web design.
- Conducted 1-1s for four people: assisted in defining personal development plans and acting on them, ran performance reviews; initiated the usage of a 360-degree feedback model, which supported cultivating transparency and constructive tone of voice in the team.
- Advocated for pairing among engineers in the team, which allowed sharing of knowledge of the project and decrease dependencies on certain co-workers.
- Influenced team dynamics of 6 - 12 people by role-modelling open and cross-cultural aware patterns of communication, led adaptation of agile and scrum frameworks. Received positive feedback from collegues. Promoted cross-functional collaboration: set up regular meetings for product managers, designers, and frontend engineers, which shortened the feedback loop and optimised the decision-making process.
- Managed workflow in a distributed team: decomposed goals, structured work; created guides for specifications writing; documented and curated guides for team procedures.
- Redesigned and drove hiring for the frontend team: natural growth from 2 to 5 people over three years, with all new team members staying in the team. Responsible for the selection and panel interviews for other roles in the product team.
- Established hiring process for the leading role: defined the stages, coordinated a 6-people team, fully owned the screening round. We successfully hired in a 2.5-month time frame.
Product and Delivery Management
- Coordinated stakeholders and engineers: collaborated closely with project owners on the scopes of 20+ projects; contributed to roadmaps and ensured relevant engineering team members were part of the process.
- Led the digitalisation project in the higher education institute: coordinated stakeholders and a team of 4 engineers. Designed in compliance with federal regulations, the internal platform strengthened the institute’s profile in the state accreditation process.
Mentoring and professional coaching
- Mentored two UI/UX designers and a frontend engineer who joined the team at entry level and have been contributing to the webshop project from day one.
- Ran workshops for the product, engineering and marketing teams on HTML/CSS, accessibility, people-centric design and development. It established common ground on how we work together and facilitated cross-functional communication patterns.
- Coached communication skills in groups of 6-10 participants and individual level, which received positive feedback and helped people to resolve personal situations: de-escalating of conflicts, dealing with demanding clients, and finding agreements.
FrauenLoop | Evening classes for career changers into tech aimed at women
Sept 2021 – current
Mentor of the Web Design and Development.
Amorelie | Online shop for sensual lifestyle (DACH)
Jan 2015 – Apr 2022
Engineering manager (Team Lead) Frontend (Jul 2019 – Apr 2022) Senior UI developer (Apr 2017 – Jun 2019) Frontend developer (Jan 2015 – Mar 2017)
Self-employed | Setting up digital presence for companies in education, culture, and e-commerce sectors.
Selected clients: Careerfoundry, Soundcloud, Cobot, School of machines, making & make-believe, Vse svobodny: book store.
Jul 2009 – Dec 2014
UI/UX designer and developer Brand communication consultant
Biysk Technological Institute | Top 5 higher education institution in Altay region, 4 faculties, 1200+ students
May 2005 – Oct 2009
Product Manager (Feb 2008 - May 2009) Web designer and developer (May 2005 - Oct 2009)
Sunday computer school at Biysk technological institute
Oct 2008 – May 2009
Teacher of the course «Multimedia technology» (Adobe Photoshop/Flash/Premiere, 3ds Max) for children 11-13 years
- Biysk Technological Institute of Altai State Technical University
- 2002 – 2007
- Subject: Quality management
- Qualification: Engineer–manager
- Building and sustaining Quality Management Systems in organisations according to ISO 9000 and ISO 14000 family standards.
- Keywords: Quality Management System, Total Quality Management, agile methodology, continuous improvement, leadership, change management, organisational culture.
- Coaching Skills for Managers at University of California, Davis (Coursera)</em>
- March 2023
- Scrum Master Certification at LearnQuest (Coursera)
- September 2022
- New Adventures In Front-End 2021 with Vitaly Friedman and The Smashing Family
- January – February 2021
- Business English for Cross-cultural Communication at The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Coursera)
- June 2020
- Inspired Leadership Specialization at Case Western Reserve University (Coursera)
- February – November 2017
- Scalable Design Systems at Smashingconf
- with Nathan Curtis
- September 2016
- Russian — native
- English — fluent
- German — upper-intermediate